Behind Closed Doors
Written & Directed By Marc Sanders
To Audition: Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. Prepared monologues are welcome but not required. No experience necessary. All roles unpaid. All roles are available for casting. Social distancing guidelines will be upheld at auditions, but masks are preferred not to be worn at auditions. The intent is to not wear masks at performances as well.
Production: There will be four live performances held in The Studio at Carrollwood Cultural Center. The show will be recorded for streaming purposes, as well. If necessary due to demand, the production could possibly be held over for an additional weekend of performances. Tech Week: April 18-21, 2021
Performances: April 22-25, 2021(times TBD)
- Kobiyeski – Building Superintendent; age mid 50s to 60s
- Susan – 30 something yuppie; very refined and dressed to the nines; married to Andy
- Andy – 30 something yuppie; married to Susan; appears disheveled in the play but comes from wealth
- Pierre – any age from mid 20s to mid 40s; Homosexual Tenant (lives down the hall from George); requires cross dressing with makeup.
- George – any age from mid 20s to mid 40s; Homosexual Tenant (lives down the hall from Pierre); requires cross dressing with makeup.
- Caitlin – mid to late 20s; Mike’s girlfriend; Angela’s sister; very out of shape
- Mike – mid to late 20s; Caitlin’s boyfriend
- Amanda – Age 15; rebellious; Brian’s daughter
- Brian – early to mid 40s; Amanda’s father
- Jenny – Age 5; adopted daughter of Susan
- Angela – early to mid 20s; Caitlin’s sister; a ballet dancer; MUST PERFORM A BALLET ROUTINE
- Jack – mid 20s to early 30s; The Fire Captain at the Station next door; Athletic Build
- Paramedic – any age or gender above age 20; a walk on role