Camp Updates re: COVID-19
We are proud and excited to move ahead with our summer camp program. We understand that in these uncertain times you may have apprehensions. We are taking every precaution to keep campers and staff safe while still offering our summer arts programming. We will do our very best to provide you with all the information necessary to give your student a wonderful and safe camp experience. We closely monitor Hillsborough County and CDC guidelines daily. We look forward to this time every year and hope to provide all of our families with some much needed social and creative joy!
We appreciate your patience and understanding as some of our previous guidelines may have changed. Please check back for updates regarding the Summer Camp program in the midst of COVID-19. Additional details will be provided to registered camp families. The below updates are as of May 13, 2020.
- We have severely decreased the sizes of each age group for the first three weeks of camp. The first week of camp will host 5 campers per age group. The capacity for each age group will be evaluated each week.
- We have canceled early and aftercare for the first three weeks and will gauge as time goes on whether we can add it and increase numbers.
- Students will go to their first creative time immediately after drop off and stay in their last creative time until picked up.
- Age groups will not be combined at any point during the day.
- Age groups will eat lunch and snacks separately.
- 6 ft distancing will be observed by all as a new camp guideline.
- We will utilize a car line for drop off and pick up. Photo ID will be required for parents picking up who do not have a name placard on the dash.
- Teachers will wipe down their rooms with disinfectant before and after every creative time.
- There will be bins in every room with lysol wipes, sanitizer, and tissues. Hand sanitizer will be provided in every room
- Students will be prompted to wash hands frequently throughout the day. Especially before/after lunch, after outside time and after art.
- Students will also have outside time only with their age group. No contact sports allowed.
- More outside fun and activities are planned!
- To stick with the CDC guidelines and county recommendations Show & Shares will NOT be open to the public. Parents will receive a recording of their child’s age group performance either by email or burned disc.
- We are not utilizing regular or student volunteers at this time to drastically decrease the number of people in the building.
- Instructors will be provided with face masks.
- We encourage parents to take their children seriously if they feel ill and to keep them home. If a child does not feel well, Parents will be contacted and asked to pick them up ASAP. Temperatures will be taken with a forehead thermometer.