Camp Updates re: COVID-19
We are proud and excited to move ahead with our summer camp program. We understand that in these uncertain times you may have apprehensions. We are taking every precaution to keep campers and staff safe while still offering our summer arts programming. We will do our very best to provide you with all the information necessary to give your student a wonderful and safe camp experience. We closely monitor Hillsborough County and CDC guidelines daily. We look forward to this time every year and hope to provide all of our families with some much needed social and creative joy!
We appreciate your patience and understanding as some of our previous guidelines may have changed. Please check back for updates regarding the Summer Camp program in the midst of COVID-19. Additional details will be provided to registered camp families. The below updates are as of June 25, 2020.
- We have severely decreased the sizes of each age group for the first three weeks of camp. The first week of camp will host 5 campers per age group. The second week of camp will host 6 campers per age group. The capacity for each age group will be evaluated each week with the hope of increasing it by one or two kids per age group.
- We have canceled early and aftercare for the first three weeks and will gauge as time goes on whether we can add it and increase numbers.
- Students ages 4-10 will go to their first creative time, or to the Main Theatre after drop off. Students ages 11-13 will be dropped off at The Studio. Students will stay in their last creative time until picked up.
- Once separated into classrooms, groups will not be combined at any point during the day.
- Center staff and camp instructors will observe 6 ft social distancing. We are asking all parents to emphasize the importance of social distancing so our campers are familiar with the expectation before coming to camp.
- We will utilize a car line for drop off and pick up. Photo ID will be required for parents picking up who do not have a name placard on the dash.
- Teachers will wipe down their rooms with disinfectant before and after every creative time.
- There will be bins in every room with Lysol wipes, sanitizer, and tissues. Hand sanitizer will be provided in every room
- Students will be prompted to wash hands frequently throughout the day. Especially before/after lunch, after outside time and after art.
- Students will also have outside time only with their creative group.
- More outside fun and activities are planned!
- To stick with the CDC guidelines and county recommendations Show & Shares will NOT be open to the public. Parents will receive a recording of their child’s performance either by email or burned disc.
- We are not utilizing a team of student volunteers at this time to drastically decrease the number of people in the building. We may, when necessary, bring in one or two volunteers to assist. We may have one of our regular volunteers during the day to assist with phones and other office work.
- Students are encouraged to wear a face mask. If students are required to wear a face mask in accordance with Hillsborough County Emergency Policy, families will be contacted prior to the start of camp.
- Instructors will be provided with face masks.
- We encourage parents to take their children seriously if they feel ill and to keep them home. If a child does not feel well, Parents will be contacted and asked to pick them up ASAP. Temperatures will be taken with a forehead thermometer.